Chr. Hansen remains committed to delivering industry-leading profitable growth and a strong cash flow with focus on spending discipline and capital efficiency.
From 2020/21 to 2024/25, Chr. Hansen aims to deliver:
- Organic revenue growth
Mid- to high single-digit organic growth, averaged over the period. Unchanged from announcement of August 24, 2020.
- EBIT margin before special items
An increase in EBIT margin before special items over the period (to > 30%). The improvement is expected to be based on efficiency gains, scalability benefits and acquisition synergies that will be partly reinvested into the business.
- Free cash flow before special items
Average growth in free cash flow before special items exceeding the average growth in EBIT before special items. The investment into HMO capacity will be phased in line with the development of the business.1
The global political and economic environment has changed significantly in the past nine months, particularly impacted by accelerating inflationary cost pressure, disruption of global supply chains, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. As a consequence Chr. Hansen’s ability to meet the long-term financial ambitions towards 2025 is highly sensitive to the following core assumptions:
- Adjustment of selling prices to offset inflationary pressure over the period.
- Normalization of global supply chains.
- A stabilization of the political and macroeconomic environment.
- Constant currencies and no impact from future acquisitions or divestments.
Non-financial ambitions until 2024/25
As part of its 2025 Strategy, Chr. Hansen has set the following sustainability and non-financial ambitions:
- PRODUCTS: More than 80% of revenue from sustainable products that contribute to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals 2, 3 and 12; 25 million hectares covered with natural solutions (Plant Health and silage inoculants); 200m people consuming Chr. Hansen’s probiotic strains; 2 million tons of yogurt waste reduced.
- PLANET: As part of its commitment to limit global temperature rise, Chr. Hansen aims for 100% renewable electricity, circular management of biowaste and recyclable key packaging materials.
- PEOPLE: The Company aims to have introduced 100% of its new employees to its culture model, have a 1:1 equal ratio between female employees and women in management, have a top 25% score in its employee engagement survey and reach a lost-time incident frequency of below 1.5.
Outlook for 2021/22
For our 2021/22 outlook please refer to our latest quarterly report which can be found under Reports & Presentations.